Thank you Brother Greg for showing this video today!!
I cried watching this today!!
I just teared especially when that guy wrote the word "Father I forgive you".
How many a times we bore grievances and store up hurts in our hearts when others just inflict pain on us through just mere strings of words?
Well, these are kind of ant issues compared to the guy in the video being abandoned by the dearest person in his life.
He confronted his dad and said I forgive you.
That is so difficult, even to go to prison to visit his dad.
I was really touched by his willingness to forgive and decisiveness in action to show such grace and mercy towards his dad.
It speaks a lot about attitude doesn't it.
Often we think we are hurt the most, but there are in fact many out there who are hurt more.
Often we think its normal to be angry with somebody.
Its starts with a misunderstanding, and later further evolving into becoming enemies.
And we don't really know why we hate the person so much, but we just get so tensed and uptight when we see that person when the person may not have done anything wrong.
See, when this happens, we have by our own actions drove the wedge between ourselves.
The picture of forgiving paints a much inspiring and maturity of a person compared to the ruin picture of hatred and scorn.
No matter how hurtful one feels towards another, it is advisable to forgive.
To forgive not because you demand forgiveness from that person, but to forgive so that the hurts in our hearts will be free.
We will then be free of these negativity in our lives.
With forgiveness, we will not allow the hurts we bore to eat our lives away.
Reconciliation or raging war?
I rather choose the picture where tears comes out and you see people hugging each other and saying sorry to each other. The picture where you know the future will be brighter and happier. The picture where you know you have added another genuine friend into your social circle.
"When deep injury happens to us, we never recover until we forgive.
Forgiveness does not change the past, BUT it does enlarge the future."
(:
No comments:
Post a Comment